
Concours de flute Jean-Pierre Rampale
FINAL ROUND!!!! in 2 parts :)
Down to four amazing artist from all over the country... Lukas from Poland, Megan from America, Jocelyn from France and Seiya from Japan. There was their 20min Solo program with Messiaen's Le Merle noir. Everyone were prepaird very interesting program. Again, they all have to play one same piece, which was Messiaen's the black bird. Everyone was very different. Today's competition, it really showed their nationality. I have heard people talk about how one is very Italian like performance... or French like performance.... Yes. Listning to these four artists... very different in ideas. Very amazing.
Flutist from Poland, he programed one French music and Taffanel's Fantaisie sur le Freyschutz de Ch. M. de Weber, which has very plonaise like feeling to it. He was so amazing on Taffanel. Very polish, rythmical, exciting, festive and colorful. However his french piece... It was very good. I cannot play like he did for sure, but there was polish flavor to it. It was different...
American flutist was also great. She combined two music... which are Hotteterre (baroque)'s Suite in e minor and Boulez's Transitoire V (really really contemporary with many extended techniques on flute). She played theses back to back. Very whild idea, however, it worked. I was so surplised though.
Then flutist from France... who programmed eveything by French composers. Wow. I really enjoyed. Debussy's Afternoon of Faun was so seem-less... like water colored painting ( I dont paint... so i dont know what im talking about, but it was like water-painting-like music). Very French. His another piece, which Polish guy also played, was great. I personally enjoyed it so much. Fell and mood is very... how to say... elegant, like hum.... French like lol Not like color of Poland or Itary. French. I thought he did really well.
Then... Japanese flutist... who is only 19. Oh my. His musicality and technique.... At this point, age really did not matter. Maybe he is 19, but his music is not. It was so grown-up-like. Really powerful but elegant at same time. Holly molly. His technique.... I was really blown away by that. So so great. I wish my technique was that great and .... great like his. hahaha. oh my.
Juries
This was first part... 2 hours went so quick. Then after dinner... there was 2nd part at 8:3opm. Which was performing whole Reinecke's Flute Concerto with Orchestre Natinal d'lle de France. What an opprtunity!!!! I am in love with Reinecke's concerto. I was a very happy child to listen them in live. Again in this round natinality showed out quite bit. I only heard first 2 artists thought. Since I just moved to Paris, I didnt feel comfortable going home late... (outside of Paris, using metro...) As much as I wanted to stay and listen all.... I had to leave... which was very sad... Anyways! Two times listning whole concerto... = Really Fun! I loved one played by Polish artist. He had it... I thought... However, Reinecke's concerto played by female artist is... also very nice too. Really gentle, but with fire. I enjoyed both performance so much. 1 hour happend like in 1 munite... I really wish 2nd half of competition started earyer... (lol, which is almost impossible...)

What a exprience. There are so many wonderful artists out there.
I was really inspired by them this week. My first week in Paris has been really productive and inspiring by these wonderful musicians. No wonder why people come here for arts...
I really loved my study at OSU though. or Japan. Everywhere is very different, but I learned whole a lot. If I didn't... I would not be here in Paris right now. I do not know how far I will go, but I know I like life here (for now even though starting life is very hard... :) with so many wonderful artists, orchestras, chamber groups...
I would have never thought that if I'm walking the street, there is Ms Emily Beynon (one of the famous flutist out there...) or Mr. Shigenori Kudo (very famous Japanese flutist... 1st Rampal conpetition winner) drinking coffee in same caffe... or Flute professor from Paris Conservatory (National one) walking ahead of you... It was too much to take at first time, but really neat exprience at same time.
Thank you so much for all wonderful people (parents, and teachers, and friends support me...) I know...<3
1 comment:
I was just about to send you a watercolor postcard that I painted for you here in LA... What a fascinating day for you!! I cannot believe what a wonderful experience you are having in Paris! GREAT blogging! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment