I love going to school!
This morning I had first rehearsal with my Quartet (2flutes, 1clarinet, and a piano). Even though we have language barrier, a really big one, we some how managed making music together. FUN. Really fun. I love the pice we are working on. However, communicating by verbal was really difficult. We all had dictionaly open on our music stand. Even simply saying... "lets start at rehearsal N.1", or "try again" or... "check out the intonation..." very hard. Good thing is, we all noticed what is bad and some how ended up on same page. After one hour of rehearsing, we had to go to lesson with professor. I think we had pretty good start :) Teacher was happy and told to us we have good match for this pice with all colors we have, minus some intonation issues. Yes :) Playing Octave with Clarinet is always difficult... or octave with even 2flutes. I know we will get better :) Rehearsing with them made me learn some usefull words in French too!!!
Then... flute lesson... I was so nervous since morning (my lesson was at 4:30pm). Because I didnt do well last Wednesday... or... I am not confident... arg. Well, lesson turned out very good one today. Jean really helped me to go forward which felt so good. It is so fun when I can make music. And what I love about Jean.... I play something.... and he asks me
J: How was it?
K: not fun...
J: yes. it was boring.
K: ....yes........
He tells me that my music is not fun and not exciting. Really straight forward and direct, just like his music. That is true. I can feel it when my music is not fun... and he sens that too... I am so glad that he is super direct (its hard to take it... but it really gets me going). Also, I think I played better with more expression, chenging characters... and thinking it is enough, but to Jean, it is not enough. His music is full of ideas. I can listen him play all day everyday and not get bored. My music...? not like that (....yet!). I get bored by myself. oops..... I was so happy to go throuhg whole movement of the pice during lesson time though... instead of working just 1/4 of music.... ;) I did go forward for little bit today. Very brain dead at this point. He taught me really important things in theses lessons... I have so much to soak inn during this-next week (vacation!!!!!) until next lesson!
I wonder how I was living at OSU taking 22+credit hours with practicing many hours top of that... Nowdays, I go to school once a week, or maybe twice a week... then practice rest of hours at home... I get more tired or exausted after. Especially Monday... I love going to school, but observing lessons, rehearsal, quartet lesson, more observation... and own flute lesson... made me really tired than any of days at OSU. At least whole day of music ;) I did not have to go to math class or.... yup. GECs... :) I love music... I cannot wait until (if that day comes... i will be soooooo and super happy...!) i can just let everything go and enjoy them...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment