Sunday, November 9, 2008

Musical Sunday

Already Sunday. Every week goes by super quick! Since HF goes to church every Sunday morning... I get to practice some in the morning :) I could always go with them and play at the church too... but I needed to practice... I just had Friday lesson, and another one tomorrow! 2 lessons tomorrow.... quartet and flute. Monday is pretty tough. However, I love Monday :)

It was good fluting all day long :) Between practicing... I got to see littleones dance around and got some good laugh. They are so cute... in their room, there was a dance party lol Then dad came to join with all brothers... what a family. Really joyful around here.

At eary evening, oldist son came to me to ask if I were interested to play at the church tonight. I would take any offers :) We went to church at 6pm for 6:30mass :) The church was so beautiful... really big and old. Wow... I had to take a picture... ;)

Inside of the church from balcony, where we played :) There was a Pipe Organist, a Harpist, a violin, 2 guitars (one is my host brother:) and me on the flute. Oh! and a singer as well. It was really fun. Sight reading actual music is not too easy... but really good practice for me!!! Especially I dont do French well yet... playing well makes communication easyer :) Orchestration of theses music were really well done too. I love Catholic mass... there are so much music to it.
Our little balcony place :) Not much space, but enough for everyone. Next to harp (right) is the huge Pipe Organ... like, really big.The Pipe Organ!!!! Organist was really good. I imagin hearing it in down there is amazing... acoustic in the church is so great... Goosebump moments.

We came back home by past 8. Family invited me for dinner tonight :) It was very nice of them... Lots of good food. I'm learning more French way of cooking and kinds of cheese. Mom taught me a kind of dip, which is canned tuna or some kind of fish with mustard!!! Sounds interesting right...? It did not look... too good... but taste was so good!!! You pretty much smash whole can of that and eat with crackers. mmm... I tried new cheese today, and I really liked it...<3>
After the dinner, we watched a movie. I hardly understood the story... but I manage to follow it... It was nice to be able to pick up something in French, so I was not completely lost :)
I think now I had some kind of alone time with all the children at home :) 1st son- going to church and play music together. 2nd son- also going to church together (diffirent church). 3rd son- we did so much origamis together, and keep me up with french. 1st daughter- she is my teacher of french, and soon i will be going to school with her to play the flute... :) then the littlest one- who loves to surplise me all the time... lol and we do craftings together when we get time and other sings... They all make me smile. And parents. Mother and Father are full infomation of everything and have very wide networks among churches etc... which brings me to go out with my flute often:) They bought me a music magazine for this month with many classical music articles and concerts reviews etc... so I can read and learn french as well. As much as I miss Ohio, and wished I had my own place with own kitchin.... I am so happy to be with this hostfamily. I am learning more than just French language. They are really helping me build new networks and showing me french culturs... :)
This Sunday turned out to be very productive than any other Sundays :)

No comments: