This afternoon I went to see Bernstein's musical "On The Town". I really liked the film :)
I bought ticket before... so yey for that :) 20euros... pretty expensive for me... however, it was very good and exciting! Musical was done in English :D which was great... I once realized again... that I really like musicals :) Oh NYC... I miss! It was pretty nice to see musical in Paris, too. I love the msic in this musical! So exciting.
Then after... I thought about going home. But! I decided to go see ballet, hoping tickets are left.... Line was looooong. I heard that tonight tickets are complitly sold out. However, people were waiting....
"why??"
I guess, very very last min, they sell all reserved ticket, ones who did not show up, to other people. Pretty smart system. There were so many people, however i waited! Who knows... something good can happen :) Line started to move very very slowly.... and when it came to 10people front of me, it was 2min before the show. I was still in the line. and another 50people behind me too. Well, I almost gave up, and there was a call :D for one person!!! I was there by myself... so!!! They letted me get this 10euro seat :D I were able to get the last ticket for this show... :D
Ballet, with live orchestra... 2 of Stravinsky's famous ballet, The Fire Bird and The Rite of Spring
one same program!!! I was more excited about hearing music lol Well, ballet was amazing. I have never seen ballet with live music... I have seen one production of The Fire Bird with recorded music before... actually during that program they did The Rite of Spting too! It was good, but... not as good as this times. I was not expected to enjoy seeing ballet this much. No words, however... so much to it. Music and movement really tells things. Wow. What a way of expressing. I was so glad that i decided to go over to Bastille and wait in line for quite long time... after watching a musical lol
Now I watched chamber music concert- symphony- opera- musica- ballet... I love all of them so much. Now on... more on theses live perfomances and less on food/snacks :D
No comments:
Post a Comment