Tuesday, February 17, 2009

18th District: Montmartre

Tissus??? :D Means... Fabric in french :) Bottom of Montmartre, there are a lot of fabric shops! Whole street of them... Mom wanted to go visit :) Since she havent visited Sacré-Cœur, we walked up the hill (with all fabric shops) and visited the beautiful church :)

So much fabrics.... I had nooooo idea how people find what they want lol Way too much selections! We were both very over whelmed by all of fabric they had...

With Mom!!!! Theses stairs... quite good workout! However, view from top is sooooo priceless :)

Little court yeard full of artists :) and a lot of art students comes up to you to practice their drawings...

Then we hiked some more. There were some antique shops mom wanted to check out. So- we went find them :) I do not know much about antiques... but they are beautiful!! She was able to find what she wanted to find :) and got them in good price (?) too... we dealed a little too. Fun fun.

Anyways, 18th district is soooo hilly! Stairs, very fun. Pretty tireing at same time... but really good workout!!!

We stopped for afternoon tea too :) Mom's cafe-au-lait, and my espresso :)

A~nd mom bought a baguette sac :) which we used as shopping bag today... soooo long!

What a day! I was so tired after so many hours of walk... but mom was still ready to do more... we went home lol and cooked some yummy Japanese dishes tonight!!

2 comments:

ruth said...

I am so happy your mom is in town... for how long?? She must love Paris as much as you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Montmartre! Thats where Joaquin and I stayed when we went to Paris...I hope you are enjoying yourself! Maybe I'll come and visit sometime! :) (I wish!)