Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mom In Paris, Last Night at the Palais Garnier

Last event in Paris... before mom left. Feb.27.09 was the opening night for Mozart's Opera, Idomeneo!!! I was so glad that I were able to get tickets... :) :) It was our 3rd opera of the week. (Madame Butterfly, Marriage of Figalo also :)

IDOMENEO!!!!! I love opera...<3

Main reason I wanted to take mom to the Palais Garnier (movie Phantom of the Opera used this place, and long time told story about this place...) was inside... She told to me she did not visit the Palais Garnier last time she was in Paris!! Inside is must-see-works...
Mom and I at main entrance :)
Mr. Garnier
The Grand Foyer...


The Auditorium ceiling done by Marc Chagall.

Opera was very very good. More I watch them... I can get in more and more... Lots of studyings to understand opera in different language with French subtitles... but! I now love studying... :) I enjoyed all music history class at OSU, and opera class I took at OSU... but now I love them and enjoy them even more!

3 comments:

ruth said...

I love chagall and had no idea he painted a ceiling!! thanks for teaching me something today miss k! i am sure you will miss your mom but i hope she travels home safe!!! congrats on your new home!

Anonymous said...

本当に豪華絢爛な世界。この会場でオペラを観劇出来た事もいい思い出に。

Anonymous said...

オペラの会場本当に綺麗だね~~!!
礼奈