Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DAMMANN's Tea Shop

This has been around since 1692, after Louis XIV allowed to Damman's to sell tea to the public. Maybe this is the oldest tea history in France...

I love tea, and am very lucky to have this teashop by my house.

Anyhow, brothers of Damman's created own tea brand with many kinds of blend by 1925. When I walked into the tea shop... I was very overwhelmed.... All sealing full of cans of tea... so many kinds of blended tea... I have never seen that many kind until I visited here. Shop owner could tell I was overwhelmed by them... He was very nice and helped me to pick one :)

Maybe ther are more than 300+ kinds of tea. However, he explained to me as there are 4 main sections by when you want to drink.
1)Morning Tea
2)Afternoon Tea
3)Celeblation Tea (wedding, special occations)
4).... I forgot...

In each section, they are organized by strong to mild (black tea to green tea), flower fruits... many different section.

I was still overwhelmed by them. I know I like blak tea, or green tea base... or flower (especially Rose and jasmine) or fruits (strawberry) tea... So, he letted me smell almost all of kinds... :) I have no idea how many times I went around each of them to smell... And there was one. I was totally not expected by the smell. However, I was immediately hooked with that interesting scent.... Knowing what is blended in, I usually would not pick... but, it was so unique scent, and I could not stop smelling it lol
One I picked is The des Riads; which is green tea base with cinnamon, cardamom, lemon and grapefruit flavers. Will blended with liquour, completed by hot pepper, orange peels, and peony flowers.
I was so excited :)
When he was putting tea into bag... I was still enjoying the scent. He letted me hold huge can of tea lol I totally hugged it and yup... smelled... pretty scary how adictive that scent is lol

Amazing tea shop :)
Very high quality and very expensive... so I will not go there that often to get tea...
I love it.. :)

No comments: