Friday, May 1, 2009

Fresh Seafood

I MISS THEM.


May= Tuna (not the tuna can...!!!!!!)



All my mother's side and relations are fishermen. When we were living in Japan, getting fresh seafood on the table was such normal thing... Granpa called us if we wanted some, he used to ride his moped over to house house to drop of some left over fresh seafood or anything did not go on the market. We never used frozen seafood. Almost everyday, we had some kind of fresh seafood on our table. Aww... back in then, I was such a kid and I totally thought it was normal. Now, being away from this for almost 10years... I really miss it. Like veggies and fruits has their seasonal product, seafoods are as well. Depend on what season, or month, you find different kind.

May is my favorite month. Starting end of April, tuna (Katsuo) becomes main thing in fishermen. Fresh Katsuo is so yummy as Sashimi (law fish).... I always went nuts when sashimi of Katsuo was on our table... It has been way too long since I had it!!!

My uncle, my mother's brother, has his blog whieh he updates with his fishing of the day with picture... Everyday I visit his blog.

If you would like to see how beautiful fresh tunas are or more fresh seafood... click here :D


I did live in America for 8.5years, and now living in Paris for 7months... My diet is still very japanese. I love baguette and cheese, or american greecy food and french fries... However, in the end, I always make myself homy Japanese dishes ... now days using frozen fish...

No comments: