Monday, June 15, 2009

CNSM

In France, there are so many Music Conservatories... Even in Paris, each districts has own music conservatories, and some private school. Sooo many conservatories! However, there are only 2 conservatories, which is very top class... Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique (known as The Paris Conservatory, and Lyon). There is age limit. To do undergraduate work, you must apply before 22 years old... People do get in this school as young as... 10... or younger if he has talent... crazy life. They also have MM programs, which you can apply by 26 years old. Wow.

Anyways. Today, MM of Flute jury was held at CNSM. I went to go listen some this morning...

Metro station for conservatory is so cute... :) Tile works of music notes... awww. It made me smile :)

Ok, about the jury. I only had time to listen 2 people... 1st girl was very good... Very different from Ecole Normale. Listning to her, it was very strange feeling... They do have top class flute players in the city.. I think. I can imagin how hard to get in to this school... after listning to just one person...

Studying with Jean, my value of musical idea has been changed quite bit... All juries at ENMP... I was having hard time enjoying myself. Every one plays well, but... so what? Everyone can play well, if they practice. However, CNSM... they are musicians. I dont know how other people played. However, girl I heard this morning... I enjoyed listning her. Made me sure why she is here and taking this jury...

Flute world is big... But I will be keep moving forward...

No comments: