Today was first session with the therapist... I was not sure what to expect. I loved taking Alexander Techniques when I was in America... Best thing happend to my body. Whole year of last year... without it... I kind of went back to my old habit.. However, studying with Jean... I got so much better of using my body.
But, Hand. Left Hand.
The therapist poited out my left hand. Jean always commented on it too... I have built my wearnes on it too, but it was not working well... I havent found solution to 'relax' or 'let tention go' on my left hand... She has noticed that I have been resting my flute on my Left pointing finger... which makes my pointing finger bents in wrong way... which makes right muscle to work... so, yup, my left hand started to shape normale. I c
ould not physically open it. I can open the hand, but I cannot open it like I can with right hand..
She asked me to make a knocle to see how oddly shape my left hand... (which was neat-est thing... in bad way) Here are my hands... can you see the difference with my left and right hand...? Middle finger knocle... My left hand one comes out like crazy. Compaire to my right hand... which is actually, because of I have rested my flute on my left pointing finger... which was bent in, and my middle finger bone make come out further out... not healthy. Not much pain yet, but in long run... this will not be pretty. I was so amazed she actually has noticed... After that she gave me long massage on my left arm and hand, slowry... My left hand started to open (from inside). Wonderful. After 30min her massasing my left hand... and When i made the fist, the left hand was normale... well, after many hours, it is back to where it is now. I have to do exercise everyday. This will be my long term project :) When I play the flute with this 'open' left hand... fingers do move. Wow... It was a different hand.... It is so scary how old habit, not knowing habit, can do to the own performance... I am so happy that I will be taking her class during this year :) Lots of new things. Many classes with many rehearsals. Lots of hours of babysitting...
All in end, it is maybe just a very exciting year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment