It have been almost 1week since I updated my blog... There are so many things happend. So much stories to share...
Anyhow, first of all...
I am very very thankful for my wonderful family who is letting me study here and still supporting me.
I am very very thankful for my friends through out the world.
I am very very thankful for all people I met in new country, who have been super supportive for what I love to do...
2009, thanksgiving, I have so many things to 'thank' for... I feel like, each year, this list is getting bigger and bigger. With out their help, I cannot be who I am right now.
This passed week was full of fun. Best friend's visit, which we took weekend trip to Spatin (which I will still need to upload some pictures with post :), as soon as we came back to Paris, we had to get ready for our project... Dual Reveries Flute Duo's very first concert, in Paris. Best friend/ Duo partner... she is a wonderful girl I know. She is who I can shop with, who I can laugh and cry with... and also play together... We sheare so much together... No matter where we are living. She is an American grew up in America, I am a Japanese who grew up most of my life in Japan and America... however, something what we have clicks so well together...
Last night concert was so much fun. Art gallery was packed. Some people were standing up who whole concert... We had fun, they seemd like they had good time also. Many people told to us how enjoyable it was and how we worked together... It was totally wonderful feeling. Many people also told us that how they were concerned when they saw the program... since more than half of program was contemporary music... However, we pulled them together and deriverd to them, which they really enjoyed... :) Physically feeling the connection between us as artist was such a great feeling. Playing duo with her, so many thought came up to my head also... very emotional, tear involving. However, I did not cry during our performance thourhg ;)
Our history goes back to all the way to summer of 2002. I dont think I will ever forget. We were still in High School then. For summer flute camp, before auditioning... I was looking for practice room. She was already in practice room with other student... I decided to join in... to quick warm up... It was the begining... :) During that camp, we became friend, after the camp we wrote letters back and force (was not using much of email then... :) ... for few years. She ended up in OSU's flute studio, where I visited during college visit and followed her around for a day to observe classes etc at OSU. Following that year, I was accepted to OSU's flute studio also... and we both ended up at OSU. We had 3 years together in college, which we played lots and lots of duets and did shopping together... hang out, went out often... She was the one who traveled with me to Paris at very 1st time, 3 years ago. Then big move came. She went for her master's degree in different state, and after one year, I decided to move to Paris. After we were apart from each other, we kept in touch... wrote cards etc etc... If I were in America I would visit her with flute... etc etc... Then this summer, we were talking about future. We both knew we will not end up in same city... (well we might, but who knows :) ... Between now to then, I did meet many flutiste, played together etc etc, but never found right click. I told to her about it... she shared her thoughts also... That's when we thought we should work together, even though we are quite far away from each other. Our duo was formed. Dual Reveries... in this name, there are whole a lot of meanings, which we both love and share between us as friend and artist. In short time, we built up our repertoire, practice own... wished to give concert some how... As soon as I came back to Paris, I started to look into places, so when she comes, giving concert is ready... :) While I was doing that... I got email from her, that she decided to come visit Paris for a week :D Putting concert in 1week... including traveling to other country for few days... which was bit pushing, but we gave it a try. Why not, right? If we want it, we just have to give it a try. We got date setted, found place here in Paris, made program... Vola. It was quite wild idea, but it worked out. It really did. I was so happy how it turned out, and at same time very sad. Because 4hours after the concert, we were on our way to airport.. she had to leave the city.
Well as I am typing this, I cannot stop crying about everything. What a beautiful week. I was so stressed out from life, which I kind of regret ... Great time goes so quickly... we have to enjoy every min, every sec... but I was so stressed out. My stress some time won over gracefulness. Boo. However, it was very nice to have someone there. I am so thankful. 3 years ago, we both came here for very 1st time. 3 years ago, we both left CDG airport to going back to Ohio... This morning... only she took off. It is amazing how each other's life can change so much. No matter where we live, our friendship will not change though, I think :) We are both still growing as an artiste, but very neat thing is we can find out each other with each other's playing... quite neat things.
Dual Reveries' very first concert was a success :)
I cannot wait for our next project... :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad your concert with Morgann and Minami-san was a success! I wish I could have been there... ;)
ren-kon :)
Post a Comment