Monday, March 15, 2010

The Importance of Offbeat...

Offbeat... backbeat... the my weakness!!!!

(for thoese do not do music... it is the "and" of the beat... ex... not 1-2-3-4... it's the "1-and-2-and-3-and-4-and". Always find in Jazz :)

In classical music, performing it... having this offbeat inside of oneself is so important. It is so amazing, that what this can do. Just little bit of playing own brain... and having awarness of offbeat... "~and~and~and~and~and..." . Really makes hard passage stable! Knowing it is so important, and useful and helpful... I am still so not good at it. I love to listen to Jazz players, and always... wished I had rythme like them! I guess I just have to keep training myself with this offbeat... inside of me...

Well, last night I was at dancing, with live music... And had a pretty exciting and surprising discovery from swing dancing... What I love about this dancing is, it is really rhythmical, has energy. And, I always get to meet more people! Dancers! Since it is partner dance... :) (here is what rock n roll dancing... :)

Anyways, last night I had opportunity to dance with many may people! And... I found out... that dancers who has there rythme, offbeat/backbeat, in them... can dance and lead so well, and I can follow well the best... Surprise! There is a great dancer friend I have, and he is so wonderful with rythme. This guy really has it in him... rythme... And dancing with him, no matter how fast music goes... is always a blast! Anyways... I felt like I should know about this for long time, but I finally really felt it last night. Offbeat... the importance of that... ! Now I really know!!! Because I felt it... exprienced it... Thank you Mr. L!!!

No comments: