
There are so many reasons why I love my neighborhood... One of the reason is the galleries. There are so many wonderful and unique art galleries in only 3min walk from my house... There are at least 20 of them... So neat. I love it. Recently my lovely neighbor introduced me to a Japanese Gallery, owned by a Japanese lady. Last month, there was a opening with new artist, so we went together. It was hidden back... in little village (St-Paul village; antique and art shopps)... The gallery was so neat... :) The owner was so friendly and sympathetic. I really loved the atmosphere of the gallery...
Well, few weeks ago, my lovely neighbor told to me there are having another opening, with Haiku artists this time... Haiku... a shortest poetry on the earth... Beauty of Japanese language... This shortest poetry has so many meanings... so beautiful. Have I ever been to any haiku gallery before...? NO... never in my life. Who would have thought I will be experiencing it in Paris...

Being there, going there.. really made me realize how beautiful this language is. I used to live in that country... And when I was in middle school, we all had to study Haiku... Did I like it...? Kind of. But, I am sure I did not enjoy that much... Experiencing professionals' work... they are so beautiful. So creative... using syllables 5-7-5... how is it really possible to express so much...? It is possible.

This far right one was my favorite of all... :) Translating it in English... it really looses the nuance of the poetry... but this is a winter poet talks about a cat walking on new snow... leaving his foot print... Poetry itself kind of has sad-tone... but... somehow in that, i thought it was neat and beautiful.... You can spend hours and hours analyzing these poetry, just like music!!

Another neat thing about this gallery... there are downstairs... in the basement, there is pottery class. Totally different world from the upstairs... If I have more free time and money to spend... I would love to take class there :) Well... not right now... but I love the atmosphere... Something about this place... It just makes me smile and calm down...
After the contest this Sunday, I am planning to go back to the gallery before they pack up the Haiku gallery and move on to next expo...
I am glad to be a Japanese...
2 comments:
五、七、五
この短い世界に込められている意味は深いよね。
この展示会は何時まで?
今回は短くて、1週間って言っていたかな。。。
だから、来週には終わってしまう><
とても素敵だったよ。
Post a Comment