Thursday, May 20, 2010

Watch them Grow...

Last week, day after my 1st round of exam... I needed something addition to my house. Well, I really wanted a cat... but, nope. I just wanted something around me...

So I decided to get flower :) Dahlia :) Last week was cold and dark... which did not help me lift up my spirit... When I went to the flower market (there is huge outside market just for flowers :) to find something perfect for me.... Dahlia caught my eyes. I was looking around, since there were so many different colors... A owner came by and recommended me to get one pot without any flowers blooming.... I kind of wanted some pot with already flowers blooming... for some blight color.... However, I trusted her, and came home with a pot without any flower blooming...

I planted, and everyday I watched her grow :) I was nervous... if any of Dahlia would bloom... because of cold weather or planted at wrong time... or... not enough nutrition in my garden... etc etc... Everyday I just watched her! Just like little girl in my favorite movie (Mei, in Tonari no Totoro). Few days went by... I could see few buds getting bigger... :) Which made me really happy.

Then yesterday... finally one of the bud started to open, and today... I have A dahlia flower blooming in my garden :) There is another one about to bloom soon... and few more buds getting bigger and I can kind of see blight pink petals inside of the bud.... :) What an excitement!!! Theses little thing really makes me happy... I love plants... so much.

This is actually 3rd flower growing in my garden... since...
1st one-- cyclamen, was planted by my landlord before I moved in here, it was beautiful, and lasted for very long time! However, i left home for quite long time... and it died... :(
2nd one-- I planted viola (little pansy)... but they were not too strong... then... got stepped on by pigeons who comes by the window... eventually all my violas died... :( super sad moment.
Then now Dahlia, seems like they are doing very well so far... It has been a whole week since I planted, and they are growing everyday!!!

I loooove plants :)

Today... after school, i was in mood of new roommate... Beautiful day. Perfect day to just walk around... So that was what I did. Walked for quite long time... then... fall in love with a little one. Who ended up coming home with me :) La petite rose... Orange-ish, pink-ish colored little roses... :) They will keep my eyes happy for sure :)
Also... picked up little flower pot, shape of jorro (watering can) :) Perfect size!
Music, Plants, Flowers... If there are 3 things, I think I will able to handle some of down moment :)

Nothing is hardship :) They are all challenges... :)

No comments: