Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a la fin

2010 is already half way done.

Last night, performed in last concert :) Center of the Paris... Actual concert hall for the 1st time in France. It was very neat... and location got me little bit nervous, since I have not played in theses concert hall for quite long time... With audience.. All the time when I play, I would know almost everyone... last night, I did not know a single person. However, all the performances went well. Concert was done very neat too. They would put the poem, which is based of the music of each other... then musicians would enter and play... Stage light was too strong enough to me to not able to see the audience :) However, I think hall was full... One of the Polonaise piece, very minimalist... very long but everyone was so quiet... either they were all asleep or liked the mood...? Directer of my association was very happy how it all came out.... The premier of this piece I also performed came out very good. 1st time we actually played through without stop.. We were rehearsing until 30min before the concert... Composer was very happy, and so many audiences gave us wonderful comments. Everyone really enjoys contemporary music here... :) As hard as passed few weeks with non-stop (exception of mini vacance)... the work really responded to us. This really proofed that anything is possible. 3weeks to get ready...? then voila, 3 weeks. 10 rehearsals... but it works. worked. Wonderful experience. What a wonderful way to end my own school year... :)


Meeting with my teacher's music back in summer of 2006... whole my life has been an adventure. Going back and forth between America and France... and after all, decided to move all the way out here to study with him... It was pretty big decision enough... My 1st year here was lots of studying, but also settling down... It did take me quite while to feel settled. My 2nd year... I did learn even more, and still finding more to learn... My settling down continued, but there were more space in my brain :) There were so many musical projects I was able to do... Really big change from last year. It is quite amazing how much one can do, and if you have courage, almost anything is possible... We all do 24 hours in our daily life... however, how you use it is up to each of us. There were few big break downs... One in end of November, and one in Feb... and one few weeks ago... As looking back theses big break down... came every 3 months... Maybe they just had to happen to let my bad-stress go... but I dont know. I was always happy with what I was doing (well except some of my work...). I am pleased. However, there more things I would like to give a try... Meeting with so many great people, studying people, researching people... they are all finding there ways in this musical field. Having a specific goal is important... but... also opening eyes wider is quite important too... I find.

Alors... whats next...?!

No comments: