Honfelur, France!!!

A little village located in very North of France. Since Thursday was full day of train strike... and our train being getting canceled... it took us good 6 hours to come out here... usually it takes 3hours!!!!! However, all after theses stresses, whole trip was totally worth it... Lovely little town. Sent of what I remember growing up... only 2 days get away, but it was much needed for me.
Our apartment was located in center of the town :) From the window... we could see the bay... and all boats coming in and out :) Special. Super beautiful and nice...
After our long trip, good meal was in order. We sat down at the terrace, and... had great lunch :) Everything was so cheap compare to Parisian cafes... Which made me kind of nervous thinking maybe smaller potion... I wonder I get enough to eat... with this little amount of money... I am a big eater... lol Well, I did not have to worry at all...!!!

7 euros... and full plate of salad, but I actually ordered sandwich... It is hard to see, but top of salad, there is open face sandwich :) lots of tomatoes, basil, and ham... mmmm! 7 euros for this much food? I dig!!!!! We sat, looked out to the bay, and enjoyed our wonderful meal... took forever... It was so nice to actually sit and eat, not worrying next place I had to be... I was on vacation :)
After this beautiful meal, we took nice long nap... No. We did not :) We walked nice looooong walk to the beach. Walked around the ocean... and prob about 15min walk to the beach. It was so nice... I wonder when was last time I walked on the sand with bare foot! Maybe summer of 2008 in my home town...

Perfect beach weather, nice breath, and sent of see and salt... I felt like I was back in home in Japan... After walking miles on the beach, we finally found perfect spot to relax :) We both really needed some quiet and relaxations from busy lives in Paris... We both LOVE the city, but you know. Read for while... but... next thing I know... we were both out :) Listening to the nice breath... we were totally relaxed... and both out... Bestest nap ever... :) Much needed moment.
The more walking... but it is ok. It was so beautiful where we walked. Maybe we walked good 30-60min back... Seeing all buildings, flowers... so neat. Most of the buildings are from the 12th centuries too. Oooold.... And house to house, there are many plate of famous painters name... just like in Paris with all famous musicians name... 'such and such used to live in this building 18xx-18xx" or... 'such and such was born here 1700'... etc... :)
City of Honfelur is known for very artistic city. Many of impressionists came here to do there art. According to my photographer friend, who invited me to travel with, told to me that lighting in Honfelur is very special... Monet was one of them :)

8pm... the view we got... Just like what my photographer friend told to me... Lighting is so special. All the sights were so special and beautiful... We went back to the terrace for dinner :) Mussels and Fritter! This became one of my favorite meal in France, but ones we had here was the best so far... Mussles were so gooooood. And fries they were the best!!!

This whole meal with wine was cheaper than what we get in Paris... hehehe. It was first dinner I had in whole week... this passed whole week in Paris, I just had rehearsals back to back during evening, and every single night, I ended up missing dinner every night... Once again, sitting down, having a solid meal... my body was very happy. Most simplest thing, but in busy life it is very difficult thing to do...

This little village was full of characters. Next day, we walked some more, and visited churches etc. Picked up wonderful veggies and fruits and seafood at the market and picnicked at the rose park... wonderful time. I really did not want to come back... or this little 2 days trip to end...
Even though I was only out there for 1.5day, but seemed like it was so long! Really, my body and myself was really needing this nature...
Non stop life until the 29th, here we go. I am charged, and ready for life with rehearsals starting tomorrow once again.
I am so thankful for my wonderful neighbor who have invited me to join her on her vacation with her cat... :) Introducing me to very beautiful place like Honfelur... :) I would love to go back someday again!!!!
2 comments:
sounds like a fantastic vacation!! I am SO jealous. :) My favorite picture is the one with your sandals at the beach... you are turning into quite the travel photographer! I love you!!! xx
Thanks Mrs D.!
Someday... I would love to get better camera... it is on my want list!
Post a Comment