Strike is here.
Even before I came back to the city, there were already few...
And really big one started on the 12th... It is still going, and the city just announced it will continue next week also... Seriouslly Paris... France...
This country is amazing...
I do not understand 100% the system. However, people make actions... quite often!
Big one is the transpotations... they cut down the amount of transpotation in half... or if its work... only few every five or so... nuts. Usually it taks 30min to go to places, now takes almost an hour... but it is lucky i gues.... Some of my friend has taken good 5hours to go to just work... on strike day...
Then schools... especially public schools... Teachers go on the strike, then kids... So many Elementary schools are closed because of teachers. So many High Schools and Colleges are closed because of students... Quite many are arrested and getting hurt... Crazy. Just crazy. I always thought theses things happens in movies... well, not in France. This happens quite often. Even yesterday, I herard awful noise from outside... which is very unusal in my apartment... I had to something outside... so I went out... and there were so many students just walking down the street in a huge group with signs... screaming... 11am... Kids...? School? They were on strike...
Ou la la...
They have cutted down flights... and long distance trains... Musiums were closed... some post offices closed, garbege truks are off work... even Effiel Tower closed by 1:30 on 1st day of the strike... Poor tourist people...
Anyways... It is not just Paris... whole France is on the strike right now... and this will continue.. for next week...
I hope this will make the country any good...
However... president seems like he will not change his mind... according to the nows...
Oh joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment