Sunday, November 7, 2010

Artful Saturday

Since I missed last week's open gallery... I decided to visit a gallery in the afternoon. November is a month of Photo in Paris. Many little galleries to big places... they are doing so many photo exhibitions! There are few of my favorite photographers works are in galleries now too... Still have to go to theses!

Anyways, yesterday one was very neat...
A Japanese photographer, who has taken photos based on one of Japanese oldest poetry book... Manyoushu, book is from 7-8th centuries...! I hate to admit, but even though I am 100% japanese... however my knowledge about Japanese history is really really poor. Everytime I find out and exprience beautiful history and culture of japan... they make me realise that 'I am happy to be a Japanese". Anyways, this photo exhibition... was very neat. How much do I know about Manyoushu??? Um.... not much, I maybe studied one of two poetries from that book back in middle school in Japan... I really did not know any history about that. However, meeting with the photographer, and talking to her... I learned so much. Beautiful. Name of exhbition was "over lap in time...". Really. All of her imagination back in 7-8th centuries... reading back all poetries... then bring theses back in as vision... creative. All photo did have great stories and they looked like they will jump out from the photo...


Then off to a concert. Marin Marais Festival started last month... :)
Marin Marais (1656-1728) is one of leading baroque composer. I do adore his works... He was always Parisian... Everyweekend, 4 churches/concert halls hosts so many concert celebrate his works... I finally went one yesterday afternoon. Baroque music... so delicate... all the harmonies and music just puts me in most peaceful mind... Most amazing thing about music. It can really heal damaged self... It is not like I am mindly damaged or very stressed out... but, quite bit is happening around here in the city. It is so easy to get lost in busy life or pille up all the stresses... However, that 1.5hours of that concert... Every min, I just enjoyed the moment. I was so thankful for beautiful works great musicians left in this whole world.... and also thankful for musicians now days to bring back theses masterworks into life...



After that healing concert... then I was off to another tribute concert, one of the greatest flutist who has passed away 10years ago... Rampal. His students, now big name flutists in whole world... they all came back in one place to give a concert. Concert it self lasted more than 3hours... It was overwhelming, I have never seen that many great flutistes all in one place... Well, I enjoyed concert or not is another story...
Rampal is still loved by so many people. He left something great to us... He still lives in each of us for sure :)




What an artful day it was... Cold rainy day, I usually want to stay home, but it was very nice to just to be out discovering and expriencing all life out there... Really, the advantage of Paris... Paris did send out so many great artists... for sure.

No comments: