Monday, December 27, 2010

Chateau de Malmaison ~Visiting Napoleon and Josephine~



Malmaison, France is about 1hour away, west, from Paris. There where Napoleon and his wife, Josephine (his first wife)'s chateau is still available for visit... Mainly this house, Josephine was living. When she met Napoleon, she was already a mother of 2 children and 32 years old... However, love at first sight... Napoleon and Josephine tide a knot... He was 6 years younger than her. Lots of interesting history. Well, Napoleon is very important in the World, French history... However, I really did not know about him that much...

One big thing I just found out... is that, one of my favorite painting's main people are theses two people, Napoleon and Josephine. They were that Napoleon and Josephine...
This painting, first I saw at the Louvre... I do not know why I was just so drawn into it... Maybe she was already in love with other men... however... I could not take my eyes off from her side... Just so beautiful. This photo is after the Napoleon winning the war in the Egypt, and clowning to Josephine... In the Versailles, they have this huge painting there too.

As much as Josephine was very looking into Marie-Antoinette, there chateau is very beautiful, but very different from the Chateau de Versailles... French Revolution, really did change quite bit of life style.

This Chateau de Malmaison is also very famous for there Rose garden, which Josephine loved and her passion. She has corrected more than 250 roses in there gardens... Tradition has been passed around, and they are still keeping the rose garden... Whole garden was covered in the snow, however, I am looking forward to visit here in the early summer time to see some roses... :)


Musee National du Chateau de Malmaison
Ave du Chateau de Malmaison
92500 Rueil-Malmaison

Bus 258 (From RER A/ Metro1 La Defense)
Bus stop: Le Chateau
(30min bus ride from La Defense)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

この絵って、ベルサイユ宮殿にも同じ物があるよね?