Whole month of June was very exciting. So many concerts.. baroque to contemporary... I had so much fun being in so many concerts!! Exams went, and was able to pass all this year... Thinking back, still gives me a stomachache!!!
Gallery open concert (contemporary) was a big success.... house full of people, great arts... I had so much fun!!
Baroque opera was a great experience!! Very first gig on baroque flute... difficult, but so much fun. Both nights were full house... Lots of singing and dancing and great live music.
Madagascar concert went well also. We were able to raise good amount of money for better education in Madagascar... I cannot wait to hear about all the update with building new schools over there!!!!
Right after all the events, I left Paris. I maybe cried a bit on the plane again... Something about leaving Paris makes me sad!!! Even though there are so many great things and friends in America!!!
31days of July went like there were not any days...
July was an emotional mess, but all for good! Relationship with flute was a huge change... What a change the repair made...!!! I could not play the instrument for the first time. I had a nightmare and cried quite bit. Few weeks has passed, and little by little I started to find this instrument once again... Who would have thought.... Last year (especially summer) I grew up quite bit as a musician.... and flute followed me... This summer, my flute grew up like crazy... I have to meet up with her now!
Dual Reveries Flute Duo's summer just picked up too!
I am very excited for our adventure!! Very thankful for great friendship I have with her...!!!
Summer 2011 Tour:
*Thursday, 4 August, 2011 @ Madison, WI, University of Madison, Guest performance during "Totally Flute" flute workshop
*Wednesday, 10 August, 2011 @ Tryon, NC, White Oak Manor-Tryon 10am and 3pm
*Sunday, 14 August, 2011 @ Charlotte, NC, The National Flute Association Annual Convention 11am
*Monday, 15 August, 2011 @ Florence, SC, Japan Tsunami-Earthquake Charity Concert 6pm
1 comment:
wow, you are such a world traveler :) but I already knew that! :) i missed you and am glad to have you back... tell someone to start taking picstures of you playing!! or a video... i want to see you in action!
Post a Comment