I started my day earlyer than yesterday!
My plan was go to the Prefecture de Nanterre ( its like embassy in each state...actually has to go throuhg security!) to go get infomation on my Carte de Sejour (residency card to stay in where ever you are. If you are in Paris, you get one from Prefecture de Paris. I live in Nanterre, about 15min outside of Paris). It was very hard to find way to get there... So, I decided to take bus! It was my first bus ride.
I couldnt find a bus stop for quite long time, which was a big time loss. Bus was actually very nice. I were able to see more faces of the town that is little different from Paris.
I actually feel very comfortable living here.
Bus ride was good, but long. At the end of line, I had to get on train to go to the Prefecture.
What a trip. It is not chap to get around places here... I guess it is better than driving though.
I could ever drove in France.
I got final station ok... however... I had to walk quite bit (I got off at right train stop :).
Some how there were no street signs or signs for the Prefecture... I ended up asking people.
French people are quite nice :)
I finally found the Prefecture!!! It was good 2hrs trip... oh my. I think next time I go there, i can maybe make it in 1hour!!!
So In France, everywhere you go for something (school registlation, opening bank, applying for carte, or medical check...etc), you have to physically go to place to make an appointment, then go back there again on different day... Which means, today I could only get infomation and app for my carte de sejour. I was hearing from many people how busy the Prefecture is... and it was.
I ended up in line for 3hrs... which is not too bad i guess... I have heard people trying 3-5time for app. However, waiting was not too fun. It's not like I can talk to people in French lol
Well, I had no idea what was going on... luckly lady before me spoke some English. So I ended up asking some questions about whole system... This is so complicating.
Now I have all infomation to apply for my Carte de Sejour!!
More paper works, here I come!
My another plan was to get cellphone. However... it got pushed back again.
I went to 3 different Banks around my house to chenge my T/C... but they told to me they cannot cash it... They told to me I have to do it in Paris.
So, yes. Right now I dont have enough money to do anything lol
I should have brought my Debit card... (which i have never got one... i really should have).
I will live with my favorite Cookies!!!!! for now... :)
I finally came home late afternoon.
and... finally played the Flute!!!!
What a relief. I missed it so much. However, so much to chatch up before school starts...
As much as I'm excited to start lesson with Mr. Ferrandis, I'm really nervous...
After practicing, I had more good quality time with 2 little girls. They are keep teaching me French :) I still cannot speak well and not able to communicate well... but it dosent seem like they care... which is good. Alix(10) was in my room chatting with me until Quitterie(8) came home :) and she came here also. It was fun girl time :) I got to know 1st and 3rd boys... but still havent got chance to meet 2nd one... hopefully soon :)
This afternoon, I finally met father :) He is an amy officer. So he is usually travelling around...
He is finally home again :) It is really nice family. I am so happy that I am staying with them right now :)
2nd Full day... The End.
Bon week-end!
3 comments:
Super busy day. Congrats to you for navigating the city so well without knowing the language. Yay for Kana!
Kana I finally got around to reading all of your posts!! It looks like you are having a really fun time, even if it is really crazy! I miss you and love hearing your stories. America loves Kana! I love Kana!
Anth,
Its not easy... but fun :) i love maps... :)
Ruth,
Its harder than i thought! They let you into country so easy though... but living is a different story i think. come visit me!
Post a Comment