Friday, October 10, 2008

Brick Walls

"Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things.... There are there to stop other people..." Randy Pausch



I do believe in his quote. However, why do things have to be so difficult in France...?
I know I want this so badly and trying everytime I get chance, trying to visit office everytime im at school to figure things out...
I guess I am just not understanding anything here... I try to do 2 or 3 things, then I fail one... or 2... If I try doing one thing at a time, then I fail doing that too... GEEEERRRR.

Good thing is, I have very supportive parents in America. Even though exchange rate is really awful theses days... They still support me. There is no way I could live in France. Well, today I finally exprienced only 2€ in my wallet. Spent 1 euro for lunch... (guess what? baguette is always under 1euro :) I cannot use my credit card here... I was such a lucky kid in America. (Sorry parents!! for using credit card all the time...!!)

Strange thing is... So, I owned school some money when I came here. I thought I can do two payments... but I guess not... (people do it?! but they told to me I have to pay at ONCE.)
They gave me a recipt with amount how much I still own them.
"XXXX.xx€"
This morning, I went to bank to get my money... (Card and Check book is on the way. so i still have to walk in to get money...) I got the maximum amount possible to withdraw in one day. Which should have covered difference of tuiton...
Well, NO. I went to office with the recipt they have printed out for me 2 weeks ago... however, something has been changed since them. SOMETHING. They said one transfard money costed some fee... and they reducted after 2 week later... which I own them that much also... or something like that. So, I emptied my wallet... but still short on 20euro... I just didnt have on me. what a day. Too much crazyness...

Good: I were able to get money out from Bank
Bad: I still own school money.

Then class registration... which I have been trying since second time I visited school (2weeks ago)... I dropped my diploma at office, they told to me come back next week... I did go back on this past Monday...

Officer: "I will send you email".
Kana: "O.K"

.... no email... Today I went back with another copy of diploma to same lady...

Officer: "Come back next week :)"
Kana: ".... I came here few times..."
Officer: "I will keep this, and come back Next week, O.K?"
Kana: "ok... merci..."

What could I do...??

Good news is, I showd up to one of chamber music class this morning. Which there was NO ONE at the time said on paper... I showed up 9am. No one was there... So I practiced...
15min... no one...
30min... still no one...
45min..... still no one......
um... I waited until 10am, and wrote a note to professer. Packed up my stuffs and about to leave...
Then a lady walks in lol It was professer. Im so glad I didn't leave.
We talked, and she told to me which group I can join. She is a piano professer here.
Sounds really nice and exciting lady.
I will be in a Quartet with 2flutes, 1clarinet, and 1piano. It should be very fun :)
She called the pianist right away and he (?) is very excited :)
So... that was good thing. Be able to take care one thing.
1st meeting is on Monday :D

I am very exhausted after half day...
Ready for vacance in 2 weeks... No wonder why people need break every other month in France... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kana, sorry I haven't been able to write any comments on your blog. I finally got time today to read all of them! Sounds like you are having pretty tough time but also good ones :) I hope everything is going smooth now. I wanted to laugh so hard when you wrote you got chicken-bumps, but Im in computer lab...so yeah I couldnt just laugh out loud! You ment goose-bumps right??? hahahahahahahahahahahaha Well good luck with everything! love you <3 from renkon :P

Anonymous said...

"I certainly had no feeling for harmony, and Schoenberg thought that that would make it impossible for me to write music. He said, 'You'll come to a wall you won't be able to get through.' So I said, 'I'll beat my head against that wall.' " --John Cage

Hang in there Kana!