Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Visiting Fryderyk F. Chopin

Since I have been spending so much time at home lately...

I decided to visit Paris this afternoon. Today, visiting Chopin, one of my favorite composer... I really enjoyed playing his works ( when I was still decent playing the piano... ). I still love to hear his works... I love them! Chopin is an one of the musican moving to Paris to find possibilities like many others. I found out there is a musium that has a sculpture of Chopin's right hand... and where he used to perform often, with Franz Lizst... and others...

Musee de la Vil Romantique, used to be a house owned by an artist Ary Scheffer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ary_Scheffer), built in 1830. It is located in one of the back street... very quiet. Scheffer used to lived in main house, and built 2 ateliers, one for himself to work, and one to invite musicians and other artists. Chopin, Liszt, and George Sand (a writter, also had relationship with Chopin) used to visit here often for get togethers.

The first atelier I walked in, there were a lot of pencile drawings. I really wished I knew more histories... However they were all beautiful... They were very interesting. Because, I think they all were drawn by different people but looking at one same picture or scenes. However, everyone's focus were different... Some draw whole picture, some focused on one person... or some focused a foot... very interesting. Drawing is so much like making music... There was a quite big discovery which I was not expecting. In the same salon, there was a piano... That piano must be played by Chopin and Liszt... *goosebumps* It was an interesting feeling being there with the piano... I could not believe they have walked into this salon... and I was standing up there today... Then I went to 2nd atelier, which contained more art works. Again, I wished I knew about theses works... simple but very beautiful pencil drawings...

Then lastly main house, the house used to ownd by Scheffer. And there it was... a rare plaster casts of Chopin's right hand... very small. It was hard to imagin him playing many of his works using that tiny hand... Next to his right hand cast, there was Gerorge Sand's right arm (plaster cast). It seemed like her hand is bigger than Chopin's... They were together for 8years. In first floor, there were a lot of jewelirs left by Sand as well.

"I only care about things that come from the people I loved, and who are gone." G.S.

They were all very beautiful. I love theses antique jewelies!! Sand also draw pictures. There were her drawings as well. Then 2nd floor is all works by Scheffer. Very relaxing time at the musium :)

After visiting musium, I stopped at little cafe across from the musium. Finally had a cup of espresso :) Read some book... good time. Then my 2nd stop was by the musium, where Chopin lived to Paris (he moved few times, and one I visited today is one of place). There was no sign, but building is still there since he only spend 1 year in this building... People do move here to find their posibilities...
Chopin's apartment: 16 rue Pigalle, 75009 Paris
It was very nice to spend few hours (or... mult. few lol) in Paris. I love it. I came home and played my flute for little bit more... :) Bon jour!

No comments: