Nuit Blanche was tonight!!! Paris is crazy. This event happend only once a year. Usuaally the first Saturday night of the October. Last year, it was my 2nd weekend in Paris (outside of Paris)... I missed it... However, I decided to check it out.What they do is, pretty much "All-Nighter". There are many public spaces open all night long until 7am... with artists' work. Crazy Idea. I know... until 7am... lol This is really All-nighter for city-life-lovers.
My first stop... The City Hall (Hotel de Ville). It was light up, and huge screen this video/art work is done by a Korean lady, how now works and living in NYC. Neat. Millions people where there.... oh my goodness.
Then I walked to the Notre-Dame... SO MANY PEOPLE. Too many people...

It was light up so beautifuly too!!! Hundreds and hundres of people... Super long line to get into the Notre-Dame. It is one of the artist gallery for tonight also. I did not feel like to wait for looooong time... so.... I left.....
However, there, I was able to see very unique performance :D Two short movies from that!! He was so entirtaining!!!
He really did the tightrope walking! and did juggling on it!!!
Then... I went to the other side of the river, left-bank of the Paris (I live in right-bank). Since there was a gallery I wanted to check out... When I got there, line was super long. It even had a sign with "30min wait".... Oh well, I am not in rush. Here I am being alone... I just waited :) No-problem! Finally it came to my turn to enter... the guardman stopped at where I was (ther are limit of people to get in the gallery...)... I looked at him, and he asked "You are Alone???". I responded as "Oui." (yes). He letted me in ;)
It was neat... First I saw this work, I was confused. After looking at it for 10min... (i know waiting for more than 30min... ) I started to like it... There is a scluptured guy sitting down under this scluptures. This artist's idea was to create his inside idea/thoughts as visual way... It was neat. It made it even neat-er since it was hanged from very very high ceiling. I am glad I waited for quite long time :)
I wanted to discover more about this area... but way too many people. As much as I love Paris, I still have hard time having massive people around me. It was almost mid night anyways... I started to walk back home. Walked front of Notre Dame again, and went back to the Hotel de Ville... still massive people out! People will be out until tomorrow morning for sure...
I walked back home, and actually took long way to go... I found out bunch of places are showing interesting things around my neighbourhood :) I love my neighbourhood... the community of gays and lesbian and many many artists. Marais (name of my neighbourhood) has so many uniquue faces. I just love it so much. I am so happy to live in this neighbourhood!!! Even though people always make coment on gay people... They are all kind people and very sympatic :)
Anyways! More galleries... More people... bit less than where Hotel de Ville and Notre Dame was... thank goodness..
The Natural Museum is also by my house. I walked by.. and saw creepy purple/pink thing in their garden... lol It was another exhibision. Kind of neat though... :) There were not as many as people there, so I made a quick stop :)Then walked some more... There are people showing movies reflecting on the building walls and more arts stuffs... just on one street!!! :)
Then, I run into another exhibition... another neat one! Tree, man-made tree, but all white thing is real flower!!! Neat hun?? It was setted in court-yard of apartment... Neat!
I kind of like this event :) But like I said... too many people lol
I was pretty close to my house at this point... then...
there was another one... in the park. Just screen of picture, but on the park area, there are red and green light. It is a very small park, but very pretty park. Across from really beautiful garden :) Seeing theses event, it makes me love my neighbourhood even more... Around the conner of this park, there is my street I live on :) I was ready to go home... until...
I saw another long line just outside of the museum... lol
Why not. My house is just down the street... I decided to just wait in the line to see what people are waiting for. This took place in the Carnavalet Museum, history of Paris. This museum building was once owned by the lady who's name is the street I live on :) Waited for another 30min or so...

And... finally got inside (court yard part) of the building!. Everything was light red.... And Even statu of the Louis XIV!!! Creepy... There were chairs setted up and surounded by many many speakers... I was wondering what it will be.
It was a short movie, without screen. Just effects of sound and imagination.... very neat. 0:30am... here we were in outside, inside of court-yard of museum, under the Louis XIV... listning to the film...
Originaly, my friends and I were going to go to concert at 1am... but I backed out :( It would be so much fun though! But I was quite tired... from morning babysitting to taking care of things-running errands in the afternoon... And I have to work tomorrow morning also! So... I came home... :) Back in very peaceful and quiet apartment... It is so amazing how much theses old-stone buildings can block noise from outside...
Paris is still awake, another 6hours for sure... then there will be Sunday starting...
Bon nuit :)



2 comments:
凄いエキサイティングな夜だったね!
さすが、芸術の都だ♪
確か、春には美術館が一晩中会館の日があったり・・・ 本当に、1年を通して、いろいろな芸術のイベントがあるよ。 Fete de la musique(音楽祭)もそうだったしね☆ 飽きない街です♪
Post a Comment