Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grandma Toeppe's Apple Cake


2 of her recipes in one weekend :) More I cook... more I love it... just like flute :) My whole body is finally in pain from massive caughing... oops :( Especially my abs... Stupid sickness. About time to leave my body!!!
Anyways, today was brunch get together with girlfriends :) It was so nice to see them... since last time we all got together was back in December, quite long time ago...
So-, I decided to bake a cake :) Also this Apple cake sounded so good for brunch...
It turned out so well! It was so yummy... !! Whole cake... more than half were gone, just with 4 girls ;) hahahaha oops. At same time, I was very happy that they liked it too!!!
Really easy, and really yummy. This will get repeated for sure :)
Grandma Toeppe's Apple Cake
2/3 cup of Crisco (I used Shortening)
2 cups of granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
4 cups of diced, peeled apples (about 5 apples)
1 cup of chopped walnuts
(It looks a lot of things.... and looks scary... but really not that hard to make!!! :D)
1) Cream the shortening and sugar.
2) Add the eggs and beat well.
3) In another bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinammon
4) Combine wet and dry ingredients. Dry into Wet.
5) Stir in the nuts and apples
6) Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
7) Bake 1hour at 350F.
8) Serve hot with ice cream or whip cream
*next day cake is always good too:)

1 comment:

rena said...

that looks so yummy....!