PanThere are quite many flute composition based on this Greek god, Pan. He is known as a musician and flutist. For my 1st round exam's required piece is called "The Flute of Pan" also... but not the one everyone knows... I even did not know this solo piece... by Lourie... It has been 3weeks, but I really havent gained any connection with this piece...
Last Monday lesson with this piece was a catastrophe... lol My teacher kicked my butt pretty hard. My own fault. Not to beable to understand and play... :( Yesterday... I finally sat down, and dissected the music... and practiced, did not help me much yet. So today... I gave a story to it :) Based on Pan and his Nymphs... the Syrinx... ;) This whole piece did not make much sens... but weirdly... the story and musical idea kind of goes together! Taaa Daaah~~~ :) I had to twist a story for a bit to fit all in this 5min piece... and add some more own imagination... but it really works!!! Now.. I just have to practice this way and make this contemporary music interesting... :) Music is really... no answers! So many ways to present a piece...
Last Monday lesson with this piece was a catastrophe... lol My teacher kicked my butt pretty hard. My own fault. Not to beable to understand and play... :( Yesterday... I finally sat down, and dissected the music... and practiced, did not help me much yet. So today... I gave a story to it :) Based on Pan and his Nymphs... the Syrinx... ;) This whole piece did not make much sens... but weirdly... the story and musical idea kind of goes together! Taaa Daaah~~~ :) I had to twist a story for a bit to fit all in this 5min piece... and add some more own imagination... but it really works!!! Now.. I just have to practice this way and make this contemporary music interesting... :) Music is really... no answers! So many ways to present a piece...
No comments:
Post a Comment