Monday, October 25, 2010

Macaron Lesson!

After 4 days stuck in home... Finally went outside today! How nice it was to be outside once again... It was cold... but felt good... :)

Today was my 1st cooking lesson in Paris!!! Paris is really great in many ways... Many people come here to reach their dreams... :) Musicians, of couse... painters... chefs... hair stylists... make up artist... florists... designers... Paris does have a lot to offer for people. And very exciting part is... you get to meet so many people from different field... :)

One of girlfriend is a professional paistry chef in Paris... She always amazes me what she does with her sweets... I always wanted to take a lesson with her, especially learning making 'macarons'. Macarons are cutest treat... and yummy-est treat in France... or whole world! At same time, they are most difficult sweets to make... Have I already tried at home...? NOPE. I love to bake and I love to read recipe book... however, Macaron was one of sweet I could not try to make by my own!

What suprised me was ingredences in Macaron... Almond powder, 1egg white, sugar, water... THATS ALL. Filling is different depends on what you want to fill with... cream, ganache, jam... all home made :) Today we made 3 kinds... Raspberry, Green-Tea (maccha), and Earl Gray Chocolate (Earl Gray tea with chocolate). I have not tasted yet!!! However, they all look amazingly cute... :)

About Macaron making... was VERY difficult!!!!! Mixing to right consistency... to right temp... Right dryness... It will take so many times to get better at it... Oh wow... I have heard making Macarons are difficult and taks time... but it was right! They are very difficult and take very long time! (we took 3.5hours) However... every little bit of difficultness... totally worth the taste...

I really enjoyed every bit of class! Macarons are possibilities full of ideas... and variations... just like making music :) When everything meets at perfect line... becomes perfect one... However, to get to that point, 'practice'...

I would love to make macarons where ever I move in the near future...<3 align="center">
finished products :) Tearcher even packed us cute box full of mini-macarons!

2 comments:

renkon said...

looks so good and cuteeee!!! ><

ruth said...

they look great!!! anna loves making these, but hers are always flat, not fluffy like yours.. whats your secret??