Thursday, October 21, 2010

Monet and His Paintings

Right now there is a huge exposition on Monet's work in Paris. Correcting all his paintings from all the world... However ticket is already sold out for next a month.

Last night I was talking to one of my friend... And he suggested to go visit the expo. I had no ticket reserved... But he had press pass... His idea was it should get both of us in for free... I was not sure about that, but why not. Anything is possible in Paris.

I showed up 9:45 and there were already 2hours in wait... Place opens at 10am!!! My friend arrived shortly after me. And went up on the line... Magic pass it is. Right at 10am we were inside of the building... And to the expo without getting asked ticket... Wow!!!

We were successfully in...



Monet's paintings... So breath taking. I did go visit mused de olsay and also Giverny where his house and garden is... And Honflur where he used to paint often. For this expo, Paris did bring back all of his paintings from all over the world.

His colors... Just jumps out from the canvas... And all the reflections... So sensitive and delicate. Impressionism. I really love. Each of his paintings really made me feel like I'm in the paint... Time slipped feeling.
All shadows and details... Magic. Just amazing. We were speech less.
French Impressionism... Paintings to music... Beautiful history and creation ever.

Hours went by... And when we got into few of las rooms... Alarm went off. Saying we must head to the emergency exit to escape. Whole Grand Palais was evacuated due to the terrorists thread.... Oh my goodness. Scary!!!!
At least we were all safe but... Really wanted to see the rest of expo..

Any how, I am very thankful for Mr.JP for this wonderful experience!!!!

What a beautiful culture in this country... Minus all the demos to strikes to terrorists... I think I got enough adventures for while...

Paris, je t'aime... BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

2 comments:

ruth said...

luckyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! Sounds like an amazing time and a real treat to see the works of such an amazing artist.
-aed