Thursday, January 13, 2011

Austria Adventure

VIENNA, Austria!!!!! One of the city I have always wanted to visit... And, voila, dream came true :) January Vienna... FREEZING cold... but beautiful city...

Vienna is a home of so many classical musicians... Mozart (born in Salzbourg), Beethoven, Haydn, Schubert, and Strauss... and more... and also artists too! 2 nights 3 days... not long enough for many things :(
After visiting Mozart place (which was very inspiring and moving...) we had to grab something to charge outselves! Vienna was really cold... painful cold... However, we had lunch outside :) Sausages!!!! Belive me or not, this was THE best sausages I have ever eaten in my whole life... They were so good! Wow! French meals are so good, but I havent really found any great sausages... (exceptions of dried sausage in France, they are very good!!!)
Then to St- Stephan's Dorm... The Land Mark of the Vienna :) Beautiful gothic church. Very different from the Notre-Dame de Paris... Same gothic... but different! I love visiting churches... they really have their histories to tell... So powerful.
How cold outside was... we walked and walked around the city :) It was very enjoyable! Exception of... super freezing painful weather... Out last stop for day 1 was Beethoven's apartment... :) Where he wrote 5, 7, and 8th symphonies. One of my favorite Beethoven's Symphony, No.7, was composed in this apartment... Being there, seeing his death mask... really realized that he did live on this earth. So as Mozart. They were great histories. However, its like dream... They DID live, but I was always not able to belive the fact... But, Now I do. I can belive that they did live and left us such great gifts... I was face to face with Beethoven's death mask... and naturaly tear came out from my eyes...
I am fully thankful for beautiful history they left for us. They left us to study, and shear with many others. We are totally different nationalities, or have personarities... but we shear something in common...
There was a lot to take in one day... Vienna is a huge playground for music lovers for sure!!!! 24hours is not long enough.
Our 2nd day started off with visiting the Walz King, Strauss :) Vienna= Walz= Strauss. His apartment with work place is also a musium now for people to visit :) His pianos, manuscripts... all there... Someday, someday I would love to come back to Vienna to hear the New Year's concert... which is full program of Strauss... in one of the beautiful concert hall in Vienna...
Before catching a train to country side of Austria... we visited one more place :) Stadtpark. Where there is statu of Strauss :) Beautiful park... no flowers... flozen liver... but he was there :) Golden shiny... playing his violin... :)
That was all for vienna... there were more and more places we wanted to visit, but not enough time :( We must go back! More arts to visit... and concerts to listen... Oh Vienna. City full of classical music and arts...
Then we were off to the Wiener Neustadt (New Vienna) on 2nd day :)
30min train ride outside of the city... Country side. Quiet and pieceful... :) We visited family friend there :)
Our last day, family took us to show us many places of country side of Austria :) We were on time limit... but! We had great time :) Our first stop was Esterhazy's house. More names to recall... why do I know his name... why... "!!!!!" Oh! Because of Haydn!!!! More revieing of music history back in OSU... :) Haydn was a working musician at Esterhazy's house. He did live in this house... to compose and teach music...


Then to the Neusiedler See (Lake, which goes all the way down to Hungry)!! Big lake... but FROZEN... there were so many people ice skating on this lake! Wow... solid ICE. Frezing weather, but there are so many great activities to do in Austria!!! Free ice skating, wind ice surfing... etc ...and sking and Snow boading... wow... :)

I guess if you iceskate about 30min, you will be entering Hungry... pretty crazy!!!! Everyone looked so much fun!!!


The little town by the lake... empty town... but very beautiful... I am sure people do live there, but no one was out! All buildings are so pretty in Austria... very colorful! Compaire to Paris...

We saw many places, we visited many place and we ate very good! Mmmm... Austrian meals are tons of meat... Every place you go, huge list of pork dishes...!!! I think I have had enough meat for rest of the year... :) I guess eathing theses meals do warm you up in such cold place!!!
Our 3 days adventures in Austria was such blast... It was so short and alsmot feels like this trip never happend! Was I dreaming...?? Maybe... maybe possible...
I would love to go back to Austria.
I will have to study German though... 4th language... I think my brain would give up finally... :)

No comments: