Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oven Fried Garlic Fries!

I have tried many different ways of making potatoes... :) I just love them! However, this one was the best so far!!!!!!!!!!

1 1/2 lb potatoes
2tsp vegetable oil
2tsp e.v.o.o.
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1Tbs chopped fresh (or dried) parsley


1) Wedge the potatoes. Soak them into hot water for at least 20min. (this really helps brings out the starch of potatoes, so when you bake them in oven, they come out very crisp outside just like you deep fry them!!!)

2) Heat oil (both vegetable oil and evoo) in pan, mid heat. Add garlic, warm through. (don't burnt the garlic!!!)

3) Drain the potatoes, quick dry them with paper towels.

4) pour over oil over potatoes (not garlic. Leave garlic in little bowl). Cover potatoes well with garlic oil.

5) Bake in 475F oven for about 20min.

6) Flip them and bake another 10min or so, until golden brown.

7) While potatoes are in oven, mix cooked garlic and parsley together.

8) When potatoes are baked, sprinkle the garlic/parsley mixture and salt and pepper.


Super easy appetizer, and super yummy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I come off my diet I am definitely using this recipe. Thanks for sharing. -AeD