Saturday, May 9, 2009

DONE!

Our 1st concert in Paris was such a success event!!! I cannot give enought Thank You to everyone's wonderful and warm support. I could not done this without them. Living in new country, new place... Not knowing much people here... However, We had good 40~50people came to the cafe for our concert!!! Which was more than we have expected :)

First half of program was Minami's piano solo :) She plays lovely piano. I wish her best luck in the future!!!
Her program included, J.S. Bach's Italian Concerto, Chopin's Etude Op25-4 and Polonaise-Fantasie, Saariaho's Prelude, and Raval's Une baroque sur l;Ocean. What a great program :) Lots of contrasts, characters. I enjoyed her performance very well.

After short intermission, 2nd half was my solos with Minami on the Piano. She must have been so tired after her performance... however, she never showed the tiredness during the concert. What a great artist...

I performed Taffanel's Andante Pastoral et Scherzettino, Leclair's flute sonata in e-minor, Stamitz's Rondo Capriccioso, and Taktakishivili's Flute Sonata. Good 40min program... without break. I was very nervous to start off, however, I were able to tune into the enviroment. I did make quite many mistakes, but did not go nuts... like I used to do... or take fast movement, even faster... I were able to controle myself better than one year ago, which made me very surplise. I havent been performed in concert for whole year... this really reminded me how much I love it and missed it. I still have so much to work on, work on more different styles, ideas, characters... especially dynamic ranges. Like I always say, eveyone can play the flute good, or in good sound, nice sound. Everyone can do that... However 'your music' is only done by who you are. Most simplest thing, but hardest for me. Little by little I am trying to go over the wall.

Lots in my head... thoughts... very difficult to put in words... all mixed emotions.

We were able to play the encore also :) Short clip which I could upload on my blog... Quality is very bad since it was taken by my degital camera. I guess it is almost time for me to actually buy a nice video camera... Well, not enough money yet!!!



I hope you can enjoy this little clip :)


Done with concert, but 1st round of exam is just around of the conner!!!!
3 more days until exam, if (I MUST!!) i pass... 3 weeks until the final round of exam!!!
Fun is just started :)

10 comments:

ruth said...

you look beautiful! you played amazing! I wish I could have been there!

Kana M. said...

Mrs. D
Hopefully someday you and your hubby can come to the concert!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hooray Kana!

Sarah D.

Kana M. said...

Sarah D.
I will try to find way to put other clips up~~ youtube... um... maybe... too world wide for me though lol

Anonymous said...

多くの皆さんに集まって頂き
又、お友達の助けも借りながら
素敵なコンサートを開けた事、何より感謝だね。

一つ終わって、さ~次は本番だ!

Kana M. said...

Mama
Oui! 来週の本番に向けて、まずは1曲、そしてファイナルの3曲・・・がんばります☆

Anonymous said...

あのクリップの曲聞いたことある~~♪
こっちにいたときにも吹いたよね??
you sound beautifuuuullll~~~♪

礼奈

Kana M. said...

Rena
おぼろ月夜だよ~☆アンコールは、2曲とも日本の曲で閉めました♪

ワカシロ(゜▽゜) said...

素敵なコンサートに呼んでいただいてありがとうございました!
なぜか動画が見れない~~(>_<)もうちょっと待ってから再トライします。
そして今日はレッスンの聴講まで本当にありがとうございました!!
急いでいたとはいえ、ちゃんとお礼くらい言えばヨカッタ…と、後で激しく後悔しました:( せっかく紹介してもらったのに、失礼な事をしてしまいました。。。
また彼の事についてもblogに書いたので遊びにきてくださいね~♪

Kana M. said...

ワカシロちゃん☆
こちらこそありがとう♪一杯写真・動画をとってもらっちゃって。本当にありがとう♪ 
Blog読ませてもらったよ♪♪ 落ち着いたら、レッスン受けてみる??連絡先教えるよ☆