Wednesday, December 16, 2009

One Day Trip to Lille, France


Agrandir le plan

One day trip to Lille! Lille is the North-est city in France. It takes only 1hour TGV ride :) One of my great french friend, a harp player who I met 3 years ago, lives in Lille :) She comes to Paris every week for lesson... every often we get together for coffee.

Since I had one full day empty... day after my last lesson, 2 days before my travel to America, I decided to take a one day trip up there!

Living house around 6:15am was challenging... since I hate waking up in the morning when it is dark!!! When I got into Lille, at little after 8am... it was still dark outside... Maybe it is up north, sun really comes out bit later than Paris...? We were able to meet up fine :) Our busy day, adventure in Lille started as soon as I got in there!

All the building, city sites are so different from Paris... I almost felt like I was in different country than France! Well, maybe because we were talking whole the time in English... and all buildings are so much different than Paris...
We walked and walked :) It was super cold day... Negative weather in Lille! We had nice breakfast (which is my first time having breakfast out...), window shoppings, outside market, christmas market... healthy lunch, more walking, amazing tea salon... etc etc.... Walking was very fun! Looking at theses buildings... Even the bakery Paul! Looked so different... than ones in Paris :)

Christmas market was so much fun :) I love outside markets so much... It was similar to Paris one, but different! Different things... and all prices were... way lower than Paris... Everytime I travel, I get reminded how expencive Paris is... living, food, eating out, cloth... everything! lol

When we were walking, we found... spring... lol It was -1C outside... but... theses flowers were blooming... Quite amazing! They were so pretty :) I hope they will last for long time...

Whole day went so quickly... Fun time really goes by so fast. I had to take train back at 6pm... And yes, time did come so quickly. It was so hard to say good bye after such a fun day. It was so nice of her to show me around the beautiful city!!! Friendship always amazes me... We met at the airport... on the way to Cagliari, Italy... I did not think we will stay in touch or become friends then. Well, we kept in touch, and we still stay in touch... and still have good times together :)

I have a lot to thank her when she comes visit me someday in America... or Japan... or... where ever i will be living at the moment... :)


No comments: