Friday, February 12, 2010

Spicy Cocoa Glazed Almond

U~m.... My whole apartment smelles like chocolate :) Original recipe for this is, Spicy Cocoa Glazed Picans... but... I had lots of Almonds (not salted or anything)... I love almonds :)

I cutted the spice amount in half... but still it turns out very spicy! Very yummy though :)

Someday when I get 'real' kitchin... it will be dangerous... I have a feeling that during day, I will be either practicing or being in kitchin... lol Well, I hope there will be friends, family, people who will help eat everything! lol


Spicy Cocoa Glazed Pecans (Almonds)

1/4 cup of Sugar
2 table spoon of sugar (separated)
1 cup of warm water
1 1/2 cup of Pecans halved
1 table spoon of Cocoa
3-4 tea spoon of chili powder
1/8-1/4 tea spoon of cayenne pepper


1) Preheat oven 350F
2) Stir together 1/4 cup of suger into warm water.
3) Add picans (almonds) into sugar-water. Let it soak for 10min.
4) Drain water (drained water is not needed)
5) Stire together sugar (2 tbsp), cocoa, chili powder, cayenne pepper in midium bowl.
6) Add oecans (almonds)
7) Spread them on baking sheet, bake about 10-15min



Very healthy snack!
Even great gift for Valentine's day?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

う~ん、これ美味しそう
今度、作ってみよっと☆

Kana M. said...

おいしいよ!
でも からい。。。
いっきに 3つくらいしか たべれません。。。